Contact Details:

Email: couture.info@gmail.com
Phone: 082 833 4720

Friday 24 April 2020

First Bridal Styled Shoot


"Love Me Tender, Love Me True"




Today I am looking back to the year 2015.

I had been working in the wedding and evening wear industry for a few years and have always done so on my own. My belief is that if you want something done right, do it yourself. I love to help other people, but am not very good at asking for it. My mom would say in Afrikaans: "Ai, Vrek voor jy vra!"


It was around March when one of my friends asked me to collorate on a wedding styled shoot. She also works in the wedding industry as a hair and makeup artist and had a concept in mind, a 50's inspired bridal shoot.
We weren't planning on sticking to the rules for this one and thought a bit ouside of the box for this collaboration. Since I love working in shades of pink, I grabbed the opportunity to create a unique little tea-length dress in this inspirational color.

I had two weeks to construct this little number before the shoot. The model lived close and I was lucky to have two fittings with her before the shoot. I used pieces of lace that was almost forgotten in fabric cuboard and made tullle flowers for the bodice. Layering tulle in different colors over satin to get the right shade of pink.

The shoot was a great success and was published a few months later in Wedding Inspirations with the title "Love Me tender, Love Me True".

 My first styled shoot was a great experience and I have done many since.



 Photography: Angelique Smith Photography
Hair and Makeup: Adri Hugo Hair And Makeup Artist
Model: Kim Rose De Vries
Venue: Diamant Estate



No comments:

Post a Comment